Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 7, 2014

The following article was in the September issue of The Tiger Print. Read the article (even if you already have) and respond to it below. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Consider all perspectives of the article while you respond.



 I have read this article many times because most of my friends have been talking about it. The new dress code law is the topic of many of my friends and I's discussions. Although I don't completely agree with this article, I do agree with the aspect that girls are always being the ones to change what they have to wear. If you look in our school dress codes more than half of the rules apply to only girls. As a girl it is annoying that we have to constantly cover up ourselves so we don't seem "slutty". Girls should get to decide if they want to be seen like as that. If a girl wants to dress slutty so people think she is that's her choice. As stated in the article it's unfair to girls with longer limbs, aka me, because they have to get extremely awkward and long shorts just to reach the thumb requirements, when shorter girls just continue to wear the shorter shorts. However annoying it is for me, as a girl, to deal with this dress code I can see why the administrators are enforcing this rule. Although, shouldn't it be up to the girls parents what she can and cannot wear to school. The worst parts is administrators are paying so much attention to the thumb rule that they now don't care if girls wear tube-tops or spaghetti straps. They need to enforce all or nothing. Some girls get asked to cover up by a teacher for wearing to short of shirts when the next girl is wearing a tube-top and doesn't get in any trouble at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment